PowerBI Robots 2.2.1 is the latest version of our popular Power BI report automation tool. To upgrade to this version, click here to download the new web agent or visit your web agent’s back office and click the banner.
Some of the new features were only possible thanks to the recent changes Microsoft made to the Power BI API. If you use PowerBI Tiles Pro as well, you can also take advantage of them by upgrading our Office add-in to the latest version.
Here’s what’s new in PowerBI Robots 2.2.1:
- New recurrence option: set your playlists’ recurrence for specific days of the week, the month or the year;
- More TOKEN keywords available on the email’s body;
- New TOKEN keywords available on the Playlist’s title, Visuals’ title, and the Email subject line;
- Export or Import a filter to, or as a JSON file;
- Individual report page visuals can now be added to a playlist;
- New settings for image output: Margin, Auto Crop, and Timestamp;
- Power BI login is no longer mandatory on playlists for SQL Report Server;
- Improved the performance of multiple playlists rendering;
- Added more information when an error occurs;
The clear highlight of PowerBI Robots 2.2.1 is the ability to set a playlist’s recurrence for specific days of the week, something users have requested almost since the product’s launch. Now, instead of sending your reports every day, week, etc., you can pick specific days and hours for PowerBI Robots to send them. Among others, this allows users to set a playlist for all workdays, removing the need to “clone” playlists and individually set them for each day of the week.
You can download a trial version of PowerBI Robots, and use it for as long as you wish. This free version supports 5 playlists with up to 5 visuals each, and 5 recipients per playlist. Reports will also have a red watermark on them. If you wish to update to the full version and use PowerBI Robots without any limitations, a 1-year license is enough for company-wide use and is available for only 899€. This allows you to send Power BI reports as many times as you wish and to anyone you want, even non-Power BI users outside your organization.